Jennifer (Jen) Scalise is not currently providing services.
Taking some time to laugh, grow, and make memories with my young family.
HypnoBirthing® - The Mongan Method - is a unique method of relaxed, natural childbirth education, enhanced by self-hypnosis techniques. HypnoBirthing® provides the missing link that allows women to use their natural instincts to bring about a safer, easier, more comfortable birthing. Emphasis is placed on pregnancy and childbirth, as well as on pre-birth parenting and the consciousness of the pre-born baby. As a birthing method, HypnoBirthing® is as new as tomorrow and as old as ancient times. It is presented in a series of five, 2 1/2-hour classes.
I offer private sessions for individual couples in their home. The cost for a private session is $400 per couple. All course materials are included.
Please contact me with any questions.
I provide a free consultation to help you in your decision making process. We can meet at your home or a place of your choosing. It is so important to find that special someone that you connect with to invite into your birth team.
What to expect if you hire me:
- Two 60 minute prenatal visits to discuss what you would like out of your birth experience as well as any information I can provide you to support your journey
- One 60 minute in-home massage
- Assistance with a personalized birth plan
- Phone and email support throughout your pregnancy and postpartum
- I will be on-call for you starting 2 weeks prior to your due date
- Constant support during your labor as early in the process as you feel you need.
- Initial breastfeeding support
- One postpartum visit
***These details can change based on your needs. Please contact me with any questions.***
In the event of an emergency that kept me from attending your birth, I carefully select like minded doulas to use as my backup.
Hospitals in my service area
|Good Samaritan - San Jose||Kaiser - San Jose|
|El Camino - Los Gatos||El Camino - Mountain View|
|Kaiser - Santa Clara||O'Connor - Santa Clara|
I am also happy to support your home birth!
Fee for support: $1000
Pregnancy, Postpartum, and Well Women's Massage
- $85 for 60 minutes
- $110 for 90 minutes
- A 24 hour notice of cancellation is required
- Payment is due when services are completed
- Payment may be made in cash or check
- Tips are not included in the treatment fee
- Gift certificates are available!
Benefits of Massage:
- Promotes relaxation
- Reduces, alleviates neck, back, and joint pain
- Relieves muscle spasms, and cramps
- Helps maintain skin elasticity to ease stretch marks and uncomfortable tightness
- Assists with the management of digestive complaints such as gas, nausea, indigestion and constipation
- Enhances self-esteem and self image
- Encourages deeper, easier breathing
- Soothes nerves to help you sleep
What to expect:A typical pregnancy massage is an hour long. I do offer shorter and longer sessions to meet individuals needs. In most cases, depending on your comfort level, you will be able to lie on your stomach using The Body Cushion System otherwise you may lie on your side propped with pillows. You can expect to be fully draped, aside from the area of the body that is being worked on, at all times. You may provide your own lotions or oils or let me know any special requests or allergies beforehand. All oils that are used are harmless, free from nuts, and great on sensitive skin! You can interrupt the massage at any time for bathroom breaks. I would suggest avoiding any heavy eating right before a treatment. You may choose to provide your own music or I will provide a relaxing mix that is sure to lull you into deep relaxation. The pressure used during the massage is based on your comfort level and you will be asked a few times during the session. If you are not in a birthing space in your life, then we will work together to find the areas you would like to work on and what type of work (i.e. the pressure firmness, etc) you would like to explore to help you feel your best!
Jen Scalise started her massage journey over 6 years ago in Massachusetts. After completing over 1,000 hours of training, she began work and found her passion: Pregnancy Massage. She immediately added a certification in pregnancy massage, so she could fully support moms with a wider breadth of knowledge. Though her journey has allowed her to participate in many different areas of support during pregnancy, massage has always been an important part of that support. In 2009, while employed at a pregnancy spa, Jen and husband Joe gave birth to their first daughter, Olivia (Liv) Mae. Two years later, after a move to California, they welcomed their second daughter, Matilda (Tilly) Jane. Both Tilly and Nico Joseph (born in 2014) were born in the comfort of their home. Over the years Jen has learned new skills and grown as a: Certified Massage Therapist trained in MotherMassage, HypnoBirthing practitioner, and DONA trained Birth Doula. Now as she shares much of her time with her young family, she returns her focus to her first passion: healing women’s bodies with a customized touch that radiates warm energy and love.