Taking some time to laugh, grow, and make memories with my young family. I look forward to serving the south bay community again in the future!
HypnoBirthing® - The Mongan Method - is a unique method of relaxed, natural childbirth education, enhanced by self-hypnosis techniques. HypnoBirthing® provides the missing link that allows women to use their natural instincts to bring about a safer, easier, more comfortable birthing. Emphasis is placed on pregnancy and childbirth, as well as on pre-birth parenting and the consciousness of the pre-born baby. As a birthing method, HypnoBirthing® is as new as tomorrow and as old as ancient times. It is presented in a series of five, 2 1/2-hour classes.
I offer private sessions for individual couples in their home. The cost for a private session is $400 per couple. All course materials are included.
Please contact me with any questions.
I provide a free consultation to help you in your decision making process. We can meet at your home or a place of your choosing. It is so important to find that special someone that you connect with to invite into your birth team.
What to expect if you hire me:
- Two 60 minute prenatal visits to discuss what you would like out of your birth experience as well as any information I can provide you to support your journey
- One 60 minute in-home massage
- Assistance with a personalized birth plan
- Phone and email support throughout your pregnancy and postpartum
- I will be on-call for you starting 2 weeks prior to your due date
- Constant support during your labor as early in the process as you feel you need.
- Initial breastfeeding support
- One postpartum visit
***These details can change based on your needs. Please contact me with any questions.***
In the event of an emergency that kept me from attending your birth, I carefully select like minded doulas to use as my backup.
Hospitals in my service area
|Good Samaritan - San Jose||Kaiser - San Jose|
|El Camino - Los Gatos||El Camino - Mountain View|
|Kaiser - Santa Clara||O'Connor - Santa Clara|
I am also happy to support your home birth!
Fee for support: $1000
Pregnancy and Postpartum Massage
- $100 for 60 minutes
- $120 for 90 minutes
- * additional travel charges may apply
- Certified in Mother Massage® pregnancy massage
- Please book your out-call appointments at least 48 hour in advance
- A 24 hour notice of cancellation is required
- A deposit for services may be required
- Payment is due when services are completed
- Cash and check are the only forms of payment accepted for out-call treatments
- Tips are not included in the treatment fee
- Gift certificates are available!
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage:
- Promotes relaxation
- Reduces, alleviates neck, back, and joint pain
- Relieves muscle spasms, and cramps
- Helps maintain skin elasticity to ease stretch marks and uncomfortable tightness
- Assists with the management of digestive complaints such as gas, nausea, indigestion and constipation
- Enhances self-esteem and self image
- Encourages deeper, easier breathing
- Soothes nerves to help you sleep
What to expect:A typical pregnancy massage is an hour long. I do offer shorter and longer sessions to meet individuals needs. I will come to your home and set up a massage table; the same that you would be lying on in a massage practice. You may choose the area of your home that is most comfortable and relaxing for you! In most cases, depending on your comfort level, you will be able to lie on your stomach using The Body Cushion System. I bring my own linens and you can expect to be fully draped, aside from the area of the body that is being worked on, at all times. You may provide your own lotions or oils or let me know any special requests or allergies before hand. All oils that are typically used are harmless, free from nuts, and great on sensitive skin! You can interrupt the massage at any time for bathroom breaks. I would suggest avoiding any heavy eating right before a treatment. You may chose to provide your own music or I will bring a relaxing mix that is sure to lull you into a deep state of relaxation. The pressure used during the massage is based on your comfort level and you will be asked a few times during the session.
please breathe with us as we grow, change, and create...
A woman’s body and mind are capable of extraordinary feats when she is supported and nurtured. This is the resounding theme that keeps me in constant awe and brings me immense joy each time I participate in a birth team. At the core of my own support team I am blessed to have a loving and supportive husband, Joe, and our three wonderful children: Olivia, Matilda, and Nico. Olivia was born in a Massachusetts hospital in July of 2009. We moved our family to the bay area in 2011. We are truly enjoying our new life here in California. After the birth of Olivia, I discovered HypnoBirthing® (which I now realize I had a natural sense of during Olivia’s birth). HypnoBirthing® is a truly beautiful method which I was able to utilize during the pregnancy and birth of our second and third children: Matilda, who was born at home in February 2012; and our son, Nico, who joined us in a birthing pool in his room at home in January 2014. These experiences help me to support families in any surrounding they choose. I feel strongly that every mother knows what is right for her, her baby, and her family. I feel so privileged for the invitation to partake in the transformative time a family shares surrounding a pregnancy and birth. I trained at a DONA® birth doula workshop. This is such an exciting addition to my massage and HypnoBirthing® skills. I feel that my training has come full circle to help me to create the support which I feel is so vital to every woman during her pregnancy and birth. Congratulations on your pregnancy and warm wishes for a serene journey!
Peace and love,